Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Simply Filling Bread

Today I thought that I would make some Simply Filling Technique friendly bread. I did it this afternoon an oh wow. Some good stuff right there. :)

Now as far as cooking and baking goes I'm kind of a newbie at it. I remember a few things from Home Ec. But not much. I don't remember my mom making bread at all growing up, but when it came to other baked goods like cookies, cake, and other yummy things from the oven, those were plentiful.

Alright. So here is the recipe that I found on the internet on 3fatchicks.com


  • 1& 2/3rds cup of warm water
  • 2 tsp of salt
  • 4 cups (650 g) of Cream of Wheat (farina/semolina)
  • 1 tsp sugar (There are no points in 1 tsp of sugar FYI)
  • 2 tsp of yeast


Put all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix. Slowly add water (because sometimes the cream of wheat absorbs it more than others so you might not need all of it. When I made it I did need it).

Knead it for 10 minutes. Divide into rolls, loaves, etc. Cover and leave to rise in a warm place until they have doubled in size.

For loaves place in the middle of a preheated 450F oven for 30 - 35 minutes. Cool on wire tray.

Instead of regular sugar I used brown sugar because I didn't have any real white sugar at home (and I didn't want to buy a whole new box of sugar). I put all of the dry ingredients in my Kitchen Aid mixer and mixed them up. Then I took the water and slowly poured it in while the mixer kneaded it with the bread hook. I let it go for 10 minutes. Another thing I didn't do was cover it while the bread rose on the cookie sheet. I was able to make 2 loaves of bread with this recipe. Next time maybe I'll have bread pans to put the dough in.

Making this bread was a lot of fun.

Have you tried making bread before? Was it a reduced calorie or a Weight Watchers friendly recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment